Straggler is tuned for cross-over exploration on a wide variety of terrain conditions. It’s a day-tripper and a weekender. It’s a ‘rough road’ road bike, a cyclocross bike with no pretense about racing, a utilitarian townie, a light-duty touring bike and an all-weather commuter. It’s a steel gravel bicycle that thrives on the road. Think of it as a “mountain biker’s road bike.” If you only have room for one bike in your life, Straggler can (and should) be your one and only.
Straggler’s capabilities go well beyond asphalt. It also lends itself well to light touring setups. We're talking frame bags, seat bags, and "credit card touring” rather than full-blown touring. Straggler also handles our 8- and 24-Pack Racks well, so you have some heavier-duty loading options.
- Frame: 100% 4130 Cromoly
- Fork: 100% 4130 Cromoly
- Seatpost Clamp: Surly Stainless, 30.0mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40, 1-1/8"
- Brakes: SRAM Avid BB7 Road, 160 rotors
- Brake Levers: SRAM Apex
- Shifters: SRAM Apex 1x11
- Stem: 31.8, 4-bolt
- Handlebar: Salsa Cowbell
- Grip/Tape: Black Cork
- Saddle: WTB Volt 142
- Seatpost: Promax SP-2016 offset on 54-64cm frames, 27.2 x 350mm
- Crankset: SRAM FC Apex 42t
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Apex 1x11
- Cog or Cassette: SunRace CSMS7, 11–42t, 11-speed
- Chain: CNP1110
- Front Hub: Novatec, 6 bolt Disc, 32H, QR
- Rear Hub: Novatec, 6 bolt Disc, 32H, QR
- Rims: Alex Adventurer 2, tubeless ready
- Tires: Surly Knard 700c x 41mm, 33 tpi & 650b x 41mm, 33 tpi
We Also Recommend